Work accident compensation
The law surrounding health and safety at work in the UK is extremely complex and very wide ranging.
There are however a few golden rules that all employers must observe regardless of the type of business they are in or the environment that they operate in.
Know your rights whilst working in the UK
An employer must:
- At all times safeguard the wellbeing of their employees and minimise any obvious risks or hazards
- Provide a system of training, instruction and assessment
- Provide safe working conditions and a safe environment
When an employee is injured in the workplace, you must always look at whether the above requirements have been adhered to.
Generally when someone is injured at work, you almost always come across failures in the system of training, method of work or the environment in which people are asked to work.
If you have been hurt in a work related incident or if you have suffered an industrial disease, we may be able to make a claim on your behalf for workers compensation.
We can assist with the following work related personal injury claims:
- Back injuries
- Lifting accidents
- Slips or falls
- Vehicle incidents (Forklifts etc)
- Injuries caused through unsafe equipment
- Construction / building site accidents
We can also deal with “Industrial Disease” claims such as:
- Asbestos disease
- Vibration White Finger (VWF)
- Industrial deafness
- Upper limb disorders
- Dermatological issues (skin conditions)
Please be aware that to make a claim for personal injury you have only 3 years from the date of injury to pursue your case.
In industrial disease claims the 3 year period can be very difficult to identify and you may still be allowed to claim even if the cause of the problems relate to exposure or work environments encountered years before.
We help you to get the justice you deserve.